TALENT OF THE MONTH !
1. What is your name and what do you do? My Name is Soko7, I'm an artist and producer from Zimbabwe.
2. What is your Genre of music and why? I don't really feel like I have a genre yet. My music is a mix of Afro, Dancehall, and Rap. Not sure if there is a genre for that yet.
3. What is the motivation/idea that drives you? Music from different places and how cultures are mixing now musically inspires me and keeps me excited.
4. What makes you unique? I think my past and the places I've lived makes me unique, growing up in Zimbabwe, Zambia and South Africa before moving to the States I was exposed to a lot of cultures.
5. How long have you been in the music industry? What are your future goals? I've been in the industry for 7 years now and my goals include going on my 1st tour as an artist and dropping my 1st album.
6. Have you received any recognition in the past for your work? Yes I've produced quite a few platinum Songs and albums in the past but my biggest achievement was winning a Grammy for producing Beyonce's "Drunk in Love"
7. What can you tell any up and coming producer about experiencing roadblocks? I would say just believe in yourself, be patient and study your craft.
8. Are you working on any projects at the moment? I've dropped 3 singles so far this year and I'm dropping a joint EP (MoSoke) with an artist from DC named MoeRoy around November.
10. Links to where your music can be purchased: